Tuesday, November 4, 2008

This is nothing new.


This morning I woke up to my dad asking me why i fell asleep with the light on...again.

Falling asleep with my light on has happened to me three times this week. I do it because I'm tired and lazy and if I can fall asleep with it on, come 5 a.m. my dad will see it and turn it off for me.

Yes, what I explained was an extreeemmee act of laziness, even for me. But we're all guilty of being lazy. You skip a meal because you didn't feel like standing in front of a stove waiting for your ramen to cook. You justify leaving your errands for tomorrow because laying in bed and watching t.v. is far more comfortable and cozy. Either way, we're all a little lazy, but today above and beyond any other day, "lazy" should be an adjective that you hastily push to the side.

I realize standing at the polls in lines that feel like they could encompass the entire state of Michigan, does not sound like the perfect way to spend a day that is 70 degrees and sunny in NOVEMBER, but today is a day that needs to usher in a serious change. I am aware of the serious downsides to Mccain and the mavericky maverick/"vice president" Sara Palin. I am also aware that Obama, as amazing as he is, may not be able to bring the change that United States needs. But what I do know (and I'm sure I'll piss someone off with this) is that one choice is far better and more beneficial than the other. And in order to make the country that we live in a tolerable place to live, that person needs to be elected. The last thing we need is another 4 years that have been worse than the last 8.

And in order for THAT to happen....guess what cha'll, YA NEED TO VOTE.

I'm not going to sit here and blatantly endorse my OBVIOUS choice for president. But I am begging that as a young generation, you put aside your negative thoughts about our crooked government and 2 party system (we all have them), and just go vote.


With that being said, since I've sent in my absentee ballot, and my vote is secure, it's time to go out and enjoy this weather.

-n.

No comments: