
Five months.
That's a mighty long time to not touch this sonofablog.
But I'm back. Back to writing down things that hardly anyone will read, but things that will mean something to me, the writer of this never ending stream of consciousness.
Tonight I did what I never want to do. Visit the local watering hole where all the other guests wear their scarlet C emblazoned on their chest, announcing to the others their history.
I hate that place. But I went anyway. Because I needed a friend... and a shot of Jameson and a pint of IPA didn't hurt either.
I sat there. Didn't feel like I was running away from anything because I don't feel that driving 4 minutes down the road constitutes as running away. But I sat there. And I watched. I even played darts. But mostly I watched.
I saw people who's hair has grown ten inches since the last time I had seen them, yet had the same old story to tell..."I'm fine. Just working" , they say.
I saw a potential date gone awry. Knew the guy. Almost felt bad.
Saw people drinking their summer brew's and talk about things that were just things.
Saw bartenders pass drinks and yell "Last Call!!" as if the only thought in their mind was leaving this stupid bar and returning their head to there pillow, only to wake up and do it again tomorrow.
Saw the girl who drank to much and embarrassed her, what i assume to be, significant other.
And I saw myself.
Leave this place.
With only the thought of whether or not I was gonna make it out of everything that had been happening to me that past few weeks, alive.
Jade drove us home, blaring No Doubt, to wash out the sounds I couldn't stop repeating in my head. It helped a little, but not enough.
I'm ready for my escape now. Four days of respite from what I call my home.
Au Revoir!

1 comment:
i'm glad you're back
Post a Comment