Friday, January 16, 2009

Let me go back...



It was Brooklyn. At Levee's. No more than ten days ago.

We walked in the bar. My fur vest keeping everything but my arms nice and cozy. They were serving bottomless bowls of cheese puffs so I knew I liked this particular bar more than the others I had been to. We met up with friends of friends who had large wallets and big hearts and a need to buy my friends and I some booze. It was a good feeling to sit in an unfamiliar place with mildly familiar people and get such warm fuzzies. Time went by. I lost at Sorry! I conquered at connect four until I had one too many $3 shots of Jameson and got overly excited and lost four games in a row. I enjoyed some free suckers and Ali and I watched some drunk guy order a beer he didn't need and pour half of it on an unsuspecting patron of the bar... unfortunately, without any consequences.

Got tired and decided it was time to call it a night. Took the L to the Q. Got a little nervous when I noticed the only other person in the station was a bum who took it upon himself to pour a bottle of Snapple all over the benches people weren't sitting on. I felt less nervous when I noticed a good looking man getting on the same subway as I was. He approached me. Said he liked my style. I noticed his French accent and dope kicks. He appointed himself as my Brooklyn gaurdian and walked me to the brownstone I was staying at in Park Slope. We talked about why he was here and why I was there and maybe one of these days we'll bump into eachother again. I gave him a "Merci Beaucoup!" as we approached my destination. He chuckled, we exchanged friendly hugs. I waved goodbye and unsuccessfully tried to unlock the front door. I rubbed my weary, whiskey eyes, put on my glasses and realized I was using the wrong key. Damnt.

Got inside. Haphazardly kicked off my new rainboots and threw my furry vest on top of the dog. Tumbled into bed thinking how nice it was of the Frenchman to have walked me home. He was cute but I had someone else on my mind big time. Went to sleep with the warmth of booze wrapped tightly around me and let thoughts of a certain someone lull me to sleep.

What a night it was.
What a night
it was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Levee. You and I have played on that very same Sorry board, except at very different times. I actually won, a first.

Oh, memories.